Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

No comments:
 

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday!
This is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there's a new theme and bloggers from all over choose their top ten.

This week's theme is...

Top Ten Underrated Authors or Books in X genre




What's a Top Ten Tuesday without bending the rules? 
This week  I'm doing...

top ten underrated authors AND books in ANY genre



1. Flawless by Jennifer McGill-Sadera

I think I speak for all of us when I put this as number one. It's part of the reason I chose my co-bloggers in the first place -- they loved one of my favorite books and that says a lot considering what this book is all about. Awesomeness, for sure. But also love, friendship, family, bit of mystery, totally devastingly beautiful stuff.

2. The May Bird series by Jodie Anderson

I suppose this is MG but it's the awesomest series ever. I read this in middle school and I absolutely loved it. I desperately want to reread especially since my household now has the whole series - I say it like that because I bought the first one for myself but the other two for my sister. And now they're hers. Grrrrr...

3. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

Probably a children's book. But this is the most beautiful story ever. I decided long ago that I MUST read this to my children. Kate DiCamillo is a big name - Because of Winn-Dixie or The Tale of Deseperaux ring a bell? But this one isn't a popular (I don't think) and it should be. It's a short book, but nothing short of miraculous. I'm serious.

4. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Adult contemporary I suppose. I'd say realistic fiction, but, well, the dog tells the story. He doesn't talk or anything, but he thinks like a human and wants to actually be a human and yeah. It's hard to say whether that's realistic or not, but who cares? It was a great story, great voice. The book is a work of art in itself. I find it thought-provoking and funny, beautiful and sad...


5. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (series)

Weird, I know. Maybe it's just my corner of the world. Vampire Academy was big, I know. But I feel like the spin-off series isn't quite as big AND IT SHOULD BE. Maybe it's because of Sydney, maybe that's why people are hesitant to read it. But I honestly love it so much more than VA. Blasphemous, I know. But something about Sydney and her character and the whole plot-
Who am I kidding?
It's Adrian. Always.

6. The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

When I first read The Summoning, I was not impressed. The Awakening kind of.. awakened me to how awesome it is (pun totally intended). It was mostly Derek. I have to admit. He is great. But it's actually a really cool series. Short. Interesting. Action/adventure stuff. Paranormal stuff. Fun.

7. Impossible by Nancy Werlin

I read this quite a while ago, but I've read it at least three times. Once from the library and again when I bought it because I loved it. I've always thought it was really unique. The story is a little different. And the message is rather beautiful.

8. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Another short little book. Third person. The small role of the love interest is unsatisfying. But given the whole idea of the book, it's not really important anyways. So I'm still upset by that but I've accepted it. It's still really amazing. It's the little ones that surprise you most.

9. The Razorland trilogy by Ann Aguirre

Maybe it's bigger than I think. I don't know. I also haven't quite finished it yet. But I do love it. It pushes aside the whole love thing because Deuce is a clueless girl. It's main focus is zombie-like things, living underground, being exiled above-ground, surviving, etc, etc. It's just awesome like that.

10. The Gone series by Michael Grant

 I really love this series. I don't know what there's not to love. It's got the sci-fi, the awful society run by kids, rebellions, powers (like light shooting out of your hand), and other awful mutations (it's the snakes that get me. Oh, and the worms. Ew.) It's not fun, because it's awful for the kids. But it's exciting for the reader. It's great. Ahh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff