Monday, September 8, 2014

Double Fault by Janine Caldwell [Mini Review]

No comments:
 

Goodreads Summary


DOUBLE FAULT is the 2nd book in The Vortex Series where Cassie and Trent’s problems have only just begun. As they fight through the repercussions of creating a parallel world, other dangers are lurking. After years of running, Trent and his orphaned sister, Lorelai, sense the dangerous and power-hungry Dr. Fox is close to discovering their whereabouts.

While Cassie fears for Trent’s life, her tennis career hangs in the balance. Caught between her old and new life, she watches her world slowly crumble until it’s a tragic portrayal of all that she used to know. But worse yet, if her secret is revealed, she might lose what’s most dear to her heart.



 

Review


Wow, where do I begin? Well. I liked the first one enough to read the second. And I liked the second one enough to read the third one. I feel like that about sums up my feelings.

The concept is still very interesting. I loved seeing the alternate life Trent created, even though it kind of sucked. It's one of those things that was cool, but frustrating. If he hadn't tried "fixing" his "mistake" things might have turned out okay. But nooooooooooo.

Putting that aside, I loved how everything wasn't always about the romance. Dr. Fox was actually a huge threat. I just wish he'd been a little more evil. Weird request, I know. But the attempt to make him seem misunderstood just made me go, really? Are you kidding me? NO.

Usually I love when villains turn out to be not-so-bad (See: I LOVE ONCE UPON A TIME). But this time it just didn't work for me.

AND THEN THAT STUPID ENDING. WHY DID JANINE CALDWELL DO THAT? WHY?

Apparently I cared about the characters a little because that ending upset me. Why can't things just go right?

WHY?

Other than that, there's not much to say. And this is a mini review so I don't have to say much anyways!

Overall, it was an interesting read. Not great, but not terrible. I did enjoy it.


Rating: 3 stars


Recommendation: those who want another time travel book

PS: I also loved how I understood the titles. Rematch and Double Fault actually make sense if you know just a little bit of tennis. It reflects the plot very well. That's very cool of Janine Caldwell. I approve.




Book provided for review by YA Bound Book Tours
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff