Monday, August 11, 2014

When Things Get A Little Crazy

No comments:
 
I know things are a little crazy around here. There'll be another update post soon. And hopefully some co-blogger posts not too long after.  I've decided that I won't be too strict with a schedule around here. I'll try but honestly I could do without the stress right now.

That's only partially the point of today's post.

A few months ago, Ned Vizzini passed away. I wrote about it. I can't find the post, but I know I wrote about it.

Today Robin Williams passed away.

I honestly can't wrap my mind around this one. He was known for being a comedian, but that's not how I usually thought of him. I mean, don't get me wrong here. He is. He's funny. But when I think Robin Williams the first thing I think of is What Dreams May Come.

It probably sounds a little strange and really it only gets stranger.

If you know anything about that movie, you'd know that it's not really a funny movie. It's actually really dark and depressing (I haven't watched it in a while, don't get upset if I get the details wrong). Or better put, it' about death. It's about a man who dies some years after his kids die and his wife can't deal with the pain anymore so she commits suicide.

I'm sure you're seeing the irony now.

So why was this the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that his death was a suspected suicide? Well besides the fact that he was in it, it happens to be one of my favorite movies. I've been watching it for as long as I've been watching Jurassic Park. I was all of five or six when I first saw it. I didn't get it back then. I didn't really get it until I saw it sometime in middle school. But there are just these scenes that are stuck with me.

And so I'm sitting here and I'm thinking these things. And this is sad to me.

I want to watch What Dreams May Come. But I'm not sure how I'd react to that.

For the record, I'm not sure when I'll be reading It's Kind of a Funny Story again.

It's nothing against them or the way they died. It's just that I'm not sure how I can handle these beautiful pieces of art when I know their creators are no longer with us. And just a few months ago, they were.

Sorry for the depressing post. I just needed this out there.

-Wolfie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff