Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

No comments:
 

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday!
This is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there's a new theme and bloggers from all over choose their top ten.

I know it's like, really late... and Wednesday... But forgive me. I really wanted to do the Top Ten this week, because I was supposed to put it up last week but never finished the post. And since we can choose this week's theme, I'm doing the one I missed-

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art





1. Above by Leah Bobet
Not a fan of the book (though I might reread it one day... Maybe.), but I absolutely love this cover. Isn't it just gorgeous?



2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Ross
More the background graphics. It's just so science fiction-y. I love it.



3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
It's the San Francisco bridge! Orange is hardly my favorite color, but for some reason I like it here (: 



4. Under the Dome by Stephen King
I feel rather morbid for putting this on here. The cover kind of creeps me out because I know what it contains within its page. But it's science fiction-y and has these great colors. And it's like a farm town. So that's rather scenic. 



5. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
This cover is art. Literally. The guy in the book makes this kind of art. I always thought that was cool and it doesn't get more original than that. I'd love to know what Craig thinks the map of my head is like. But I'll settle for a poster exactly like the cover. I'd hang it with pride. 



6. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
This story is a mix of fantasy/sci-fi/retelling. I want the series mostly because of the covers (since I no longer remember the actual contents, just that I liked the books a  lot). The first one is my favorite. It's just wow. Everything about it. Wow. 



7. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
This cover is what originally drew me to the story. It's cute and mysterious and I just get these swelling in my heart whenever I see it. It's such a beautiful story. With a beautiful cover to match.




8. Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Yet another sci-fi! The huge moon gives it that sci-fi feel, but other than that it's rather normal. I don't know what draws me to this one. Maybe the colors. And the - isolation. Yup, I think that's it. I love it.




9. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Sci-fi. Amazing colors. Encases an amazing book. AND IT'S ALL DRAMATIC. They're all reaching out for each other! And her dress!

Okay, I'm calm. 




 10. Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott

This was my first really negative review on my blog o.o But I do love the cover. I love the blues and the silhouettes and the light... Darn cover.


-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff