Tuesday, April 22, 2014

S is for Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards

No comments:
 

Goodreads Summary

She has everything she's ever wanted. But not her memory...

When Chloe fell asleep in study hall, it was the middle of May. When she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life.

Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.

What happened to her? Remembering the truth could be more dangerous than she knows...




(Mini) Review


This book had been in my sights for a long long time before I finally bought it. It was sort of impulsive. Part of my huge book splurge in December (Christmas money well spent, in my opinion). Sadly, it remained on my shelf for a few more months before I was finally able to pick it up again. But once I started, I couldn't put it down.

I'll admit it, Adam might have had something to do with it. But I don't know how you could possibly blame me for that. Because even though it seems like insta-love. It's NOT. She forgot six months of her life. It's obvious there's something between them now, but it's not like it started the second she woke up. Just saying. In case that turns you off.

That all being said, it's not heavy on the romance. I mean, it's there. But it's sort of another piece to the puzzle. This super confusing puzzle. A couple parts were obvious. Others shocked even me. Always a pleasant surprise when that happens. I appreciated it so much.

As for Chloe: I found myself sympathizing with her. Seriously, if any more cool female protagonists keep popping up, I may never be able to say that I hate them ever again. Because she was cool. Confused and in denial, sure, but that's understandable.

Overall, the characters drew me in and the mystery just kept me hooked. The feels this book gave me! I certainly recommend it. Pretty good stuff. Short, fast read. Totally enjoyable.

Rating: 4 stars


Recommendation: for those who love contemporary with some mystery and romance!

-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff