Monday, April 21, 2014

R is for Rereading

No comments:
 
Also known as something I don't  do anymore.


Way back when, I could say: sure, I own a lot of books. Sure, they're a lot of money. But it's worth it because I've read every book I own at least two or three times.


I've read my favorite book (Marley and Me) at least five times. I don't know the exact number because I'm in a constant state of rereading it. That's to say, I pick up where I left off and when I finish it, I almost immediately start it over. I have barely touched it since I started blogging again in September.  But I'm about halfway into it. And I'll pick it up again when I have time.


My second favorite book (The Art of Racing in the Rain), I've read at least twice. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane has been read numerous times. The same with The Host. It's Kind of a Funny Story. Last summer I reread/skimmed the Gone series before reading Light.


With books I've reread too many times to count, there are parts I practically know by heart. With The Host, I skip the first two hundred or so pages EVERY TIME. One day I might actually reread that first part. But I found it so gosh darned boring the first time I said: never more!


Lately, I've been so busy that I haven't had time to reread anything. But I already have a mental list of books I'd love to reread when I do have time. Flawless (my third favorite book), is due for a reread. I started it about a month ago, but haven't gotten past the second chapter.


I want to reread the May Bird series. I want to skim/reread the Morganville Vampire series. Six Months Later, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, These Broken Stars... I wouldn't mind rereading any of those. There are also tons of ebooks I would like physical copies of. And if I ever get my hands on them, I'd love to reread them. Powered. Damselfly. Branded. To name a few.


Rereading is something I personally LOVE to do. In my opinion, that's how you know a book is worthwhile. It becomes a part of you. And I love that so much.


How about you? Do you reread/like to reread?

 

-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff