Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for Journals: A Question

No comments:
 
Do any of you keep a journal?

I ask this as a writer. Because I have this notebook. It's a pretty standard notebook - from Staples, maybe. Or CVS. Doesn't really matter where. But in this notebook I have outlines, ideas, characters, short poems, quotes, notes, lyrics, and legit journal entries.

It's my legit journal entries that I want to discuss today.

I started these journal entries about two years ago. (Actually, it will be two years in a couple weeks.) And I've been sporadically writing entries since. My longest absence was seven months, between summer and when I rediscovered the notebook last month. So I guess random long absences are kind of my thing... *ahem, tries to look innocent*

Anyways. When I rediscovered it, I saw that it was mostly full. I've written a lot in there. There's a letter, a ballad, lists of songs and books... I stuck in my sheets of paper where I practiced calligraphy... So I bought a new notebook, for when I fill the old one up. But I'm not sure if I'll have the nerve to do that. It doesn't feel very personal. I guess it will one day, but for now it's just a notebook from Staples.

Do you have a journal/notebook? What kinds of stuff do you have in it? How often do you write in it or add to it? I wanna know!


-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff