Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for Enticing Elephants

No comments:
 
Today is a (somewhat) special day. And I wish to have a little throwback. Back to those days in the beginning of my blogging experience. Where I would post randomly about things and (in my opinion) make it work.

I've always considered Titles to be an art form. Whether it be for a blog post or a book or a song or absolutely anything at all that requires a title. And if it's not an expression of art, it at least should make a statement of some sort. That's why I dislike repeating the same title over and over. That's why I go for the melodramatic, in the hopes that some like-minded person will appreciate the fact that I have very little creativity of an amusing sort.

So what's with the whole elephant thing?



Elephants from the Seattle Zoo, photo taken by me. This adorable creature was very bored and kept throwing the tether-ball over the fence and then picking it back up just to throw it over again.

Well, you see, my little elephants -

I'm just kidding. I don't consider you guys elephants at all.

What I do think, however, is that I have to find the best way to entice people. To best show them who am I and why they should check out whatever it is I have to say. Titles say a lot - I want people to know my personality, my priorities, my likes and dislikes, just by reading my title. Something. Anything. This one? Says that I want you to read about how random I am, and perhaps understand what I'm like and how I think.


Did it work?


As for that special day thing... Well, today is my birthday! Hurray! I'm another year older! And that's about all I have to say about that aha.

But I sincerely want to thank you guys and help out a fellow writer. I absolutely fell in love with her book. It is now in my top three favorite books of all time.

Yup, that's right. Top 3. Ever.

I think that says a lot.

And besides all that, she's just amazing overall. I love talking to her. She's just the sweetest person ever. And to help her out, I want to host a little giveaway. I'm not sure how many winners there will be yet. At least one, obviously. I want 3 to 5. Since I can't decide, this giveaway will run for quite a while.

In case you all were curious, the book I'm talking about is Flawless by Jennifer McGill-Sadera. And it could be yours! Enter the rafflecopter below!



 

This amazing creature (also known as the wolf) looked right at me! And I took a picture of the moment! Taken at the Seattle Zoo.

-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff