Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Writing Adventures #6

No comments:
 
This is a feature for Writer Person. Here I showcase little writings that I have written and share what I've been up to writing-wise. The writings may be recent, old, relating to book I'm working on, or a random scene that came to me.

Sometimes I think this is the only reason I even bother to write. Okay, that was worded wrong. I think this is an excuse for me to write. Because I just have no time. Honestly. I should be doing a million other things right now and instead I am typing this. And do you guys even thank me?


Sorry, I'm being weird. Don't take this intro seriously. Let's just get down to business -

To defeat
The Huns
 
Okay, now I'm done.



 "What are you doing?" she screeched. I tried not to roll my eyes. Girls could be so damn annoying sometimes.
"Chill, Becca. I got it." I gave her a look before getting back to work.
"And that's supposed to make me feel better!"
"Could you just shut up for a second? Nothing's going to happen! Unless you keep screaming like that. Then I might as well call the cops myself and let them know why we're here."With my back turned, I couldn't see her reaction. But from the gasp, I assume she got the message. She shut her mouth, but I could still hear her teeth chattering. Whether it was cold or fear or a little of both, I couldn't tell. Goosebumps were threatening me, too, but luckily I was a little occupied so I couldn't feel it as much. A busy mind is a happier one. At least that what my dad used to tell me. Right before he got busy getting drunk.
I shook the thought away and went back to fiddling with the lock. Thanks to some new building policies, most locks were practically impossible to pick open. This probably had to do with the fact that most locks nowadays were some variation of a scanner - eyes, fingerprints.
Thank God my neighbor wasn't up to code. Yet. We had exactly 2 hours to get in, find what we needed, and get out. Not exactly my definition of a comfortable time frame. But thanks to someone, it's all we had. Speaking of someone, she was being awfully quiet - 
The lock clicked, a little too loud for my taste, but yes! Finally! I did all I could to suppress some sort of squeal as I turned around.
The squeal died a painful death in my throat.
Becca was lying a few feet away, neck at an awfully uncomfortable-looking angle. But as sad as that was, I didn't have time to do anything about it. Because two darkly dressed men were standing right behind me, arms crossed in an overly cliche, but menacing, way.
Well, shit.




-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff