Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award (!)

No comments:
 

Thank you so much, Lakin! I feel so special :'D

For those of you who don't know, this award is given to bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Fellow bloggers nominate blogs for this award. The idea is to spread the word about those "little" blogs. There are so many out there (:


The Rules

- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
 - Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers (you can't re-nominate the blog that nominated you).
- Go to their blog and tell them they have been nominated and leave a link to their post.


The Facts

1. I love reading. And I love writing. (Duh and duh)

2. I have been to 10 states besides my home state of California - Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and New York.

3. I started writing my two major sci-fi projects in sixth grade. I have yet to finish either one.

4. My uncle is the reason I started blogging in April 2010. He's a big deal in the blogging world, in case you were wondering. (Click the link and see all the stuff he's got going on!)

5. My bookshelf has probably doubled since I started blogging. And I can't even believe how many e-books I've read even though I swore I would never stoop to that. (25 since November)

6. I'm a junior in high school. So I'm starting to freak out a bit.

7. I love watermelon. I would eat it all day, every day if I could.

8. My favorite radio station ever is my 2000s Indie Radio on Pandora.

9. My favorite band ever is Jack's Mannequin and I follow Andrew McMahon (singer/songwriter/piano player) on Instagram and I freakin love the pictures he posts. His daughter is less than a month old and she's so cute!

10. My twitter name is a mix of two nicknames: fluffy and jojo bean

11. My anonymous blogger name and Goodreads name of Wolfie came from my love of wolves.


The Questions from Lakin

1. When and why did you start a book blog?
This isn't even my original book blog. I started the original one in April 2010 because my uncle had just introduced me to the world of blogging and I went crazy and made two blogs. But that reading one died after a few weeks. This one lived on, though. I made it around the same time. And at first, this wasn't even a book blog. It started as just a book about anything and everything, which included books a lot because I've always been a reader. This blog became a "book" blog this past September. Why? Because I discovered a bunch of book blogs and that made me want to get back into blogging. And review books this time. Because this is just about the one and only place I can book talk.

2. What are your favorite things about reading and blogging?

Reading: getting to know new places, new people, new experiences. I think of reading as a chance to live multiple lives and make a whole bunch of mistakes without ever actually, you know, making a mistake. I think it's a pretty constructive way to make sure I don't screw up my life. But seriously, I've always loved reading.
Blogging: I love getting my opinion out there. But I get beyond excited whenever I meet someone new. I am so antisocial, especially online as it seems. So when people talk to me, I fangirl a little. So yeah, talking to people is my favorite part.

3. When and where do you like to read?

Anywhere and everywhere. But if you want something more specific, I love reading anytime of the day on the little couch in my room. Not super comfortable, but good enough for hours of sitting on my butt to read.

4. Favorite genre.

Science fiction. Oddly enough, it might be the one I read the least. But I love writing sci-fi, so that makes up for it.

5. Favorite fictional character.

Adrian Ivashkov (Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series) and Myrnin (Morganville Vampires series).

6. Fictional crush and fiction BFF.

No-brainer. Adrian Ivashkov for both.

7. Favorite childhood book.

I loved The Series of Unfortunate Events.
But I have to say The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, even though I didn't read this untilI was in seventh grade. It's still an amazing book that I wish I had in my official childhood.

8. Most inspiring person in your life, and/or fictional character.

In my life? Hm. I'm going to choose someone who's not related to me. I will say my tenth grade English teacher because she just introduced me to a whole new way of thinking. And because of her I discovered a lot of cool poetry. And I loved the books we were. And I loved her class.
An inspiring fictional character? I've got a few, but they're inspiring in strange ways.
Lia Copeland - Flawless by Jennifer McGill-Sadera
     Why? Wilson and Chad
Alice - Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
     Why? Because I do not want to be like her.

9. What do you like to do when you aren't reading?

Um, write. Watch television. Watch movies. Ideally, I'd be learning how to ice skate or learning how to draw. But realistically, it's the first three.

10. Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere in the world?

Italy!

11. What is your biggest dream or goal in life?

To one day finish a novel. And learn how to draw my amazing sci-fi worlds.


The Questions From Me

1. When and why did you start your blog?
2. What was the best blogg-y moment you've had so far?
3. What cool new blogs have you come across that you can no longer live without?
4. Do you think your music taste reflects your taste in books?
5. What other hobbies do you have besides reading and blogging?
6. Favorite animal.
7. Number one thing on your bucket list.
8. Your blogging goals.
9. Your real-life goals.
10. Authors you would like to meet.
11. Books you loved and books you loved. (Top 3 each)


The Blogs I Nominate

I know I'm super lame and I'm kind of cheating here - okay, totally cheating here. Truth is, I don't know too many blogs with less than 200 followers. Apparently all the blogs I check often have huge fan bases. I mean, seriously. But here's the deal - if you have less than 200 followers, leave a comment! And then give yourself a Liebster Award, 'cause what the heck? (:

Just don't forget to tell me when you post your answers to my questions!


-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff