Thursday, March 6, 2014

Let's Restart an Old "Feature"

No comments:
 
The other day I was trying to come up with a new feature... When it hit me. It's a little something I tried way back in 2010. I only ever did one of these before it died out (not sure why). But I remembered it and I'm thinking I should bring it back. Because, what the heck, ya know?

What is this feature of mine? One of the first I ever came up with?

Saturday Versus!

Oh, I know. The name is awfully unoriginal. I'll come up with something better, I assure you. But for now, I'll nickname it SV and explain what it is.

On Saturdays, I would choose two characters and compare them. I'd list the facts, i.e. background information from the books they came from. As spoiler-free as I can tolerate. I'll warn you if it does contain spoilers. And from the facts, I go on to my opinions of them. And ultimately I will choose a winner.

And there you have it!

Sounds fun, right?

So I was thinking and thinking and I came up with a way to make it even more fun. Everybody knows Waiting on Wednesday and Top Ten Tuesday and Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post and I can go on for a while, but you get the idea. It's a whole bunch of people talking about a similar topic or sharing books. And I'm thinking, isn't this a great way to do both? It seems to me most book blogs do mostly reviews. So how cool would it be to get a little more in-depth with the characters from books we love? Or to debate the merits of this character over that on a wider scale?

I don't know why I think it will pick up. But I'm hoping it will. Feel free to give me some feedback one way or another. If you guys are into it, I'll have a linky list and everything!

And I'll have a "suggestion box" for you to submit any, well, suggestions. In case you're curious, here's the one and only Saturday Versus I ever did. And try not to judge, I was 13 at the time. (Jeez, that's a crazy thought.)


So what do you think? Should I go for it? Is this something you'd be interested in? And do you have a better name for this?


-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff