Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

No comments:
 

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday!
This is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there's a new theme and bloggers from all over choose their top ten.

This week's theme is...

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry



I personally LOVE books that make me cry. So this one was super fun :D



1. Marley and Me by John Grogan 
This is number one because it's the first book that I remember making me cry for real reasons. I mean, this is real life, everyday stuff. While I loved reading before I read this, this made me actively look for books. This is an adult book, but it opened the doors to my love of YA. So it's special. I still cry when I read it.
I can't even count how many times I've reread it since that first time.


2. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Something about books with dogs just gets to me, huh? Haha. But this one is totally special. Because it's from a dog's point of view. And not just any dog - a dog that wants to be human. I'm about to cry just thinking about it. He's so insightful and hell, more human than some of the actual humans in the book. I mean, it's beautiful. So so beautiful *tear*


3. 
Flawless by Jennifer McGill-Sadera
Okay, so I don't know if it'll make you cry. But I was bawling throughout half the book. I loved every second of. The heartache and pain and crazy stuff that happened... I couldn't help it. This book cut me deep. I'll admit that I'm scared to reread it. I'm not sure if it's because I think I'll cry again, or because I think I won't. Either way! Still trying to heal from the first read :D

4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I totally remember that moment where I deliberated over buying this book or not. It was at the Borders Express at the mall. Random memory, I know. But I always spend a long time trying to decide if I should buy a book or not and well- I'm so glad I bought this. I've read it at least 3 times and each time I read it, I notice something new. And it's always so beautiful.
I know for sure I cried that first time. And my eyes always get misty when I think about it too much.


5. A Dog's Life by Ann M. Martin
This one! Another dog one! I must have read this in fifth grade or so, but I've read this a few times, too. There's always two parts that get me - when Squirrel's separated from her brother in the beginning and the ending, with the old woman. That's all I will say about that.
This is a children's book, but it is incredibly sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.


6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The title alone makes me want to cry. And while I didn't cry during the accident scene, I did get really misty-eyed. The parts that got to me the most were those memories with Adam. Because he'd be the only one to live for, besides her grandparents and best friend. And her grandparents had basically given her to okay to go if she wanted.
So yeah, that ending got to me, too.


7. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
It took me forever to finally read this, but I did. And I loved it. For such a short read, it's a pretty powerful one. I didn't expect to be crying, but those last few pages killed me. I'm such a sucker for that kind of stuff.
If you read it, you'll know what I mean.


8. Crossing by Andrew Xia Fukuda
This was one of the first books I read when I made my miraculous return to blogging and reading. And I was bawling my eyes out because of that stupid, heartbreaking ending.
Stupid.
Heartbreaking.
Ending.
I had to repeat it. Partially as a warning. Partially marveling that it made me cry so much.


9. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
With a title like this, I don't know how you can expect anything short of miraculous. I totally had high expectations for this one, and let me tell you. Children's book or not, this is life-changing. I think, as a child, you would enjoy the journey part of it. It's very exciting. I don't know how old I was when I read this - probably MG age? But it was old enough to appreciate it for the miraculous part of it. And I've only grown more fond of it over the years. This is just so freaking beautiful. I don't know how you don't cry.


10. Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick
I read this sooooo long ago. I can't even remember when. But I do remember how heartbreaking this was. It's such a touching story about friendship and overcoming differences. And like most books, the ending is what makes or breaks it. And this ending? Sad. Very very sad.



What's your top ten? Leave some links, I wanna know :D

-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff