Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Today is the Day I Write

No comments:
 
This is a Wednesday feature for Writer Person. Here I showcase little writings that I have written. They may be recent, old, relating to book I'm working on, or a random scene that came to me.

So I actually have a little piece today!
It's very little so don't get too excited. And technically, it's not even a real scene. By which I mean that I won't actually put it in the book. It was kind of just a warm up of sorts. And it's super short. Probably shorter than my intro to it!

The concept of this scene:
It's a magical garden! Just kidding, it's not magic. It's a sort of alternate universe/reality. Yup, I'm a sci-fi writer. This kind of stuff intrigues me.
It's so fun making up the rules to your own reality. Sci-fi makes it easier to do that, in my opinion. Just because you never really know.




     "So where are we, exactly?" I asked, trailing fingers across the flowers in the bushes. I was walking slowly, trying to take in as much of the place as possible. Maybe I don't know where I am, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.
     Kalari looked at me briefly before focusing her attention on the willow tree in the middle of the garden.
     "I'm not sure you'd believe me if I told you," she said with a shrug. I looked at her, wondering what she meant by that.
     "It doesn't really matter where we are, Michelle. What matters is that we're running out of time." Kalari trailed off, eyes still focused on the tree.
     "What are you-"
     "Michelle, you need to wake up now."
     Wait- "What?"
     Her eyes snapped their attention to me. I froze, hands clenching as she stared at me.
     "Michelle, you need to wake up. Something's not right here. If you stay any longer-"
     A loud warble filled the air. Actually, no. It was supposed to sound like a warble. But the tone was off. It was like the bird was trying to mask it's true meaning. A considerably darker meaning.
     Kalari pushed me onto the ground just as I registered what felt like a brush of feathers and claws against my shoulder. Before I knew it, the world was dark again. And the bird was quiet.







So there's my sample! Let me know what you think! Like I said, while the concept is the same, this actuall scene is not in the story. But any comments or suggestions would totally be helpful!
(And for the record, it's supposed to be vague. But if you want to remind me of just how vague it is, I don't mind!)

And NO. I did NOT forget about my fabulous winners!
Thank you all for entering! It means so much to me *tear*

But, there can only be three winners. And they have until Saturday February 8 to email me with the book they want. Otherwise, new winners!



DRUM ROLL PLEASE








Winners:

* Jessie Hayes
* Alisha
* Evie


 
Congrats you guys! You each get a free book :D





BUT ONLY IF YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL and REPLY!

Thank again to everyone who entered! Come back soon and I'll have some more giveaways!



-Wolfie


PS: if you don't get an email, leave a comment here and I'll see what I can do!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff