Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

No comments:
 

Goodreads Summary

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.


Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.

Review

So I'll admit it. Reviews are always biased, but this is particularly so. I gave this a five-star rating because COME ON. It had ADRIAN'S POV. That alone gave me all the feels.

And you know, the plot or whatever.

Just kidding.

The plot was actually pretty good. There was a lot of tension, a lot of cameos... There's a lot going on here. Which is what I love most about Richelle Mead. I can never be bored. It's one thing after another - whether it be a Strigoi attack or a hot makeout scene. Not that any of that happened here. *ahem*


A lot of new information was introduced here... There were a few plot twists that definitely threw me in for the loop. Some of it was expected in hindsight. But I was totally engrossed while reading it. I could not put it down. To put Adrian into more objective terms: it was totally a change from what I've come to expect from Richelle. We're used to Rose and Sydney already. Adrian just takes it to a whole new level and I have to admit it takes some skill to make such a character come to life. I seriously felt like his voice was spot on with what I've come to know and love about him.

As for Sydney, I've loved her since the beginning. But in this one, I just felt *closer* to her. It just struck me how much I felt we had in common. It was kind of surreal, but also nice. Relating to a character isn't always necessary for me, but I appreciate it now and then.

Overall, I say this is more of what you'd expect, and that's definitely not bad in this case. I was stunned and shocked. AND THAT ENDING. She always gets me there. I was about to through the book across the room. You cannot miss this one if you're reading the Bloodlines (or VA) series. I can only wonder what Silver Shadows will bring!

Rating: 5 stars


Recommendation: This is for fans of Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy, and the Bloodlines series. Anyone who's remotely into vampires needs to check out these series.



-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff