Monday, February 17, 2014

Music Anyone?

No comments:
 
How unoriginal can I get?
Ain't that the question of my life the day?

So I didn't want to do two reviews in a row. And I haven't talked about music in a while. And I recently got a few iTunes gift cards and I basically bought all my favorite songs from my 2000s Indie radio station on Pandora. Have I mentioned that the freakin greatest radio station ever?

Yes?

Well, I'm mentioning it again.

For those of you who don't know, I love a wide variety of music. Which is why I'm such a fan of Pandora in the first place. I can't just make one radio, whenever I do make one. I have to make a whole bunch. And I have yet to delete a station. Soooo... yeah. I have quite a few stations. And while there were three or four I alternated between, that switching back-and-forth died a few months. Why? Because I went on a genre-radio-spree and made radios according to suggested genres: I got the rock, the alternative rock, today's indie, 2000s indie. You'd think, based on my love of rock and alternative, that one of those two radios would have stolen my heart. But alas, I gave up on them rather quickly.

2000s Indie is the only station I listen to now.

This has never happened to me before.

And I find it funny how shortly after I discovered my indie station, I rediscovered the world of blogging. And then found a bunch of indie books that I absolutely adore.

Okay, so I'm thinking of one in particular, but there are others I swear.

The point is-

I like indie. That's about it. There's no other point to this.

My favorite songs:

(They're not all indie, but I can't stop listening to them/singing them)
 
Miss Missing You by Fall Out Boy

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?
Armistice by Phoenix
Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis
Whistle for the Choir by The Fratellis
Counting Stars by OneRepublic
3rd Planet by Modest Mouse
The Call by Regina Spektor
Demons by Imagine Dragons
Ships in the Night by Mat Kearney

The indie books I hinted at earlier:


Flawless by Jennifer McGill-Sadera




What about you? How do you feel about indie books/music? Maybe even films?

(Though I know next to nothing about that last one)

Got any recommendations?


-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff