Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Life of a Blogger (6)

No comments:
 
http://novelheartbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lifeofblogger.png

This is a feature created by Jessi over at Novel Heartbeat. Each week there will be a non-book-related topic that we can discuss. This is to give us a chance to get to know each other better(:
This week's topic is:


Genres of Music




I like a variety of music. There's no other way around that. I have an inclination towards rock/alternative. And I generally stay away from rap/crazy screaming. But seriously, my iPod can go from Red Hot Chili Peppers to Kelly Clarkson to the Frozen soundtrack to PlayRadioPlay!

But since we're talking about all of them here,  I guess I'll separate them for you.

Note: most of these classifications are from iTunes. And obviously, these aren't all my artists under each.

Click the links to get a taste of their music :D


Rock/Alternative

My all-time favorite band: Jack's Mannequin
Some of my favorite songs: Dark Blue, Miss California, Drop Out - The So Unknown

We've also got under here:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Fall Out Boy
Tegan and Sara
Blue October
The Killers
Jimmy Eat World
The Cab
Incubus
Smashing Pumpkins
Linkin Park
The All-American Rejects
OK Go
MGMT
Audioslave
Coldplay
Neon Trees
Death Cab for Cutie
 

Paramore 
My Chemical Romance
Rise Against
Finger Eleven
Third-Eye Blind

Three Days Grace
Secondhand Serenade
(It's a pretty video, but don't look at it too long o.o)
Garbage
Panic! at the Disco
Pearl Jam
Weezer
Nine Inch Nails

Imagine Dragons



Indie (or from my Indie radio on Pandora, anyways)

The Fratellis (can you guess why I chose this song? Aha)
The Kooks
Feist
Band of Horses
Arctic Monkeys
A Fine Frenzy
Modest Mouse
Aqualung
The Postal Service
Regina Spektor
Bon Iver
The Shins

Explosions in the Sky (aka the band that won't let me buy my favorite song by them because it's album only apparently)


Soundtrack

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?
For the First Time in Forever
Love is an Open Door
Let it Go
Starstuck
Despicable Me
Strangers Like Me
I'll Make a Man Out of You
Life is a Highway
Love Always Comes as a Surprise
Little Wonders
I See the Light
When Will My Life Begin
When Can I See You Again?



Country (-er than my other music)

Carrie Underwood
Taylor Swift
The Band Perry

Kellie Pickler
Rascal Flatts
Lady Antebellum


Christian

(don't be scared by this section - these songs are great, I swear. I didn't even know they were Christian until my iTunes told me they were)

Relient K
Switchfoot
Tenth Avenue North
The Afters
tobyMac




Electronic(a)

PlayRadioPlay!
The Postal Service
Owl City
Passion Pit




Pop

Kelly Clarkson
Colbie Caillat
Andy Grammer
Jesse McCartney
Mat Kearney
Sixpence None the Richer
Kate Voegele
KT Tunstall
Train

Fergie
Ingrid Michaelson
P!nk
Avril Lavigne
The Wanted
Soul Asylum
Maroon 5
Never Shout Never
Sara Bareilles
Kris Allen
Ellie Goulding
Jason Mraz
Christina Perri
Kate Nash

Plain White T's
Five for Fighting
Lifehouse
The Workday Release
Jewel
Demi Lovato
Teddy Geiger
The Script
OneRepublic
 
Matchbox Twenty




Punk

Brand New
Bink-182
Alesana
Breathe Carolina



Latin(o)

Juanes
Mana

Shakira

And then my beautiful Icelandic band gets its own little section:

Sigur Ros

And the beautiful lead singer who has his own music

Jonsi

So I hope you guys found *something* you like on here! Which such varied taste, I must have something in common with you (:

Hope you enjoyed, and feel free to tell me about the music you like! And maybe even make some suggestions :D



-Wolfie


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff