Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wolfie Wonderings (1)

No comments:
 
Hello everybody. Welcome to the first ever Wolfie Wonderings. This came from my previous Sunday Questions. Usually my SQs were more religious-oriented. I'm not saying that will change. But there will be more variety here. It will be a cross between my SQs and the more traditional discussion posts that you see in the book blogs.


To start off, I want to advertise my need for help.
I'm a relatively old blog, but a relatively new book blogger/reviewer. I'm having some trouble getting myself out there because I'm so busy reading and doing school-related stuff. So what I'm wondering is:

How do you do it?



I'm also wondering:


How do I talk to new people?



I'll be the first to admit it. I'm terrified of talking to new people. I'm afraid I'll screw up and say something totally off putting. I'm like that, I'm not going to lie. People who don't get me might get offended. So how do I get people to know me? I know going to blogs and repeatedly leaving good comments helps. But that depends more on the person than anything else. Not every book blogger replies to those comments. Mostly because a lot of the comments are crappy, like Kelly (Effortlessly Reading) and Cee (The Novel Hermit) have pointed out in their own posts. 
(I feel weird mentioning them because I haven't talked to them personally. I comment a lot on Kelly's blog, but I'm more of a lurker on Cee's...)


I'm pretty much a lurker everywhere. It's so bad, I know. I'll literally be forming a comment in my head, but by the time I reach the comment section, I realize what time it is and suddenly I forget about commenting because I have a thousand other things to do.
It's awful.
I'm awful.
I want to talk to new people, but I don't know how. I don't want to feel weird about mentioning people in my posts.


So I'm Wolfie, Wondering what the heck do I do? And how do I do that without being a creep?

What do you do?


-Wolfie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff