Friday, November 15, 2013

Writing Adventures #2

No comments:
 
Before I get on to the "writing" part of my adventures, I just want to share a couple of things.

First off, I think I finally managed to impress my history teacher. Is that a weird accomplishment? Maybe. But seriously, I was so excited when I got my essay back and then I proved myself once more on some test a lot of people did poorly on. So I'm oddly proud, but I'm being careful. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that history is easy. Or physics. But don't get me started on that. That's something I'm really worried about and I have no idea how I'm doing in that class except for one quiz I failed, one quiz I got a 100% on and a lab I got a B on. So yeah.

The other thing is that I'm SUPER excited because I'm going be hosting quite a few blog tour stops. So yay! Be on the look out for those(:

I haven't been reading much this week, but since yesterday was Friday, I caught up and ....


Finally! The writing part!
As you may know, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. And I'm super determined to write my 50K. Will it be crappy and need a bunch of editing? Probably. But honestly, I'm only worried about finishing because I have yet to finish anything I start.

Therefore I will finish this to the very last scene. Then I will go  back and edit.
This is my plan and I'll be adding a little widget so you can watch my progress :D But not now, because my progress is minimal, to say the least. See: busy. All the time. I'm supposed to be at 25K right now... I wish I was close.

The book I'm working on is a sci-fi thriller. Or is trying to be. Right now it's got a pretty boring intro that I will fix later when I actually figure out how the story is going to end. I have to work on my character building, too. For some I feel like I came on too strong, and for others it's hard to tell. So these are things to consider when I do my editing.

I'm not the kind of person to write well the first time. I often say way too much and it's really jumbled. If you've read my reviews, you may have noticed that. My writing is just like that. My mind skips around so fast that my fingers struggle to keep up with my thoughts and by the time they do catch up, I have ten more thoughts that I want to share.

Sometimes talking to me is hard because of that.

Anyways, my point was that I often end up deleting entire scenes and rearranging others because I say the right words but not in the right order.

I'm a mess, but what can I do?

The answer is: edit edit edit

So are you guys participating in NaNoWriMo? How are you doing? I'd love to chat about it :D

-Wolfie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff