Sunday, May 6, 2012

P-T

No comments:
 
P is for...
Pretending to Party

Kind of a random title and I don't really know where I'm trying to go with that. Oh well, I guess we'll find out. Anyways, I'm trying to finish today. All late, again. But better late than never, as the case may be.
As for pretending, I always think of The Pretender by Foo Fighters. For lyrics, look about...

HERE:
"The Pretender"
Foo Fighters

Keep you in the dark
You know they all pretend
Keep you in the dark
And so it all began

Send in your skeletons
Sing as their bones go marching in... again
The need you buried deep
The secrets that you keep are ever ready
Are you ready?
I'm finished making sense
Done pleading ignorance
That whole defense

Spinning infinity, boy
The wheel is spinning me
It's never-ending, never-ending
Same old story

[Chorus (x2):]
What if I say I'm not like the others?
What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays?
You're the pretender
What if I say I will never surrender?

In time or so I'm told
I'm just another soul for sale... oh, well
The page is out of print
We are not permanent
We're temporary, temporary
Same old story

[Chorus x2]

I'm the voice inside your head
You refuse to hear
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that will take you down
Bring you to your knees

So who are you?
Yeah, who are you?
Yeah, who are you?
Yeah, who are you?

Keep you in the dark
You know they all pretend

[Chorus x2]

[x2]
What if I say I'm not like the others?
(Keep you in the dark)
What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays?
(You know they all... pretend)
You're the pretender
What if I say I will never surrender?

So who are you?
Yeah, who are you?
Yeah, who are you?


And as for party, well, I think of the one I'm going to n Saturday for my Abuelito's birthday! Always fun, it's basically a time for everyone to get together and eat and reminisce ^.^ It's really fun and it's something I always look forward to. Nothing like a birthday party, even if you're responsible for 3 generations of family :O


Q is for...
Quince

Which is the age I turned last month (April 5 to be exact). So now you all know my age! Finally, right? I started this blog when I was... Well, I had just turned 13. So two years now? Wow. Seems like a bit longer, but I guess that's because of my several prolonged absences. Woops o.o
Anyways, my quince! So, yes, I turned 15 and I had a quince. I'd spell it out but there's no n with the squiggly on top o.o Yes, I know what it's called, I'm not that horrible. It's just that I don't have the key for it so I can't even say what it is xD If I sound a bit crazy, I'm sorry (:
So I had a quince, and it was by far the best night of my life. I felt all special and important and loved. Everyone was there for me and there were speeches and food and cake and dancing! And there was the father-daughter dance (kind of a last minute thing, practiced the week before) and my slideshow (which I had been working on since I turned 14). The dance actually didn't turn out all that bad considering neither I or my father knew how to dance very well. And I personally loved my slideshow, but then, it was *my* slideshow. I choose all the pictures and put em in as close to chronological order as I could, from the beginning to the summer of 2011. I had so much fun going through all those photo albums (believe it or not) and choosing the ones I loved the most, or thought were especially funny, or ones that stood out. And not just me! Me with my parents, my sister, my aunts and uncles and cousins and a bunch of other family. I really enjoyed it. Everything was so different back then and I loved looking back. It kind of made me realize just how much things change and how sometimes you don't even realize when they do... But change is not always bad. It helps you learn and grow and experience new things, things you never really thought you wanted to experience. So that's my life lesson today(:


R is for...
REMEMBERING

Which is not one of my strengths, but I do try my best to remember the really important things. Which for me, is basically birthdays, other important dates, and details about other people along with whatever secrets I may have been told. Not that I'm really good at all of that (except I'm freakishly good with birthdays, not too sure how that happened). But I try and I usually can remember them. That being said, I got with my boyfriend April 25. Which mind you, is not that long ago, right? So right now he tells me that we got together on the 27th. And I'm like, no we didn't. And he's like, yes we did! And so now I'm telling you about it so I can get the rant out of my system. Sorry for my strange teenage issues o.o


S is for...
Sigur Ros

Now, I don't know how to pronounce that. I really wish I did. But it's Icelandic ad so I have no idea o.o So, like I said, they're Icelandic! They're from Iceland! OMIGOSH! Isn't that cool?! :D That means I have no idea what they're singing about, but who cares because it sounds pretty :P
I mean, it really sounds pretty. Jón þor (jónsi) Birgisson's voice is amazing! No lie. And then all these people are really good too:
kjartan sveinsson (keyboards)
orri páll dýrason (drums)
georg holm (bass)
Wish I could say I knew how to pronounce their names too. Sadly, I still can say no such thing. That's what happens when you like an Icelandic band. Anyways, the song I like the most by them is Hoppipola. The i has the little accent thing, but again, I can't find a way to put that in.
So you should check them out, they're pretty good(:

T is for...
Tennis

So I'm on the tennis team! We're off-season now but anyways :P
I never actually played tennis before last summer, when I went to tennis camp and tried out for the team. I'm not very good at all but I made it, so I assume I showed some sort of potential. Don't know how that's working out either. I try, I do. I really like tennis. When I was younger, I played soccer and always assumed that I'd play again in high school. Well, I still love soccer. No doubt about that. But I am not a big fan of running. Which would not work at all because you obviously need to run. And I don't mind it if it's a game with friends or family. But when you're on a team, you need to practice and run for miles. I'm not into all that, much as I love soccer. So tennis it was! Less running, more sprints and fast reactions. I can do sprints. It's my reactions and decisions I need to work on. Because you need to predict where the ball is going to end up and somehow find a way to get there and hit it back and somehow make the shot so that your opponent can't hit it back. Yeah, I need a lot more practice and experience. But I'm trying. And I will try harder.


-Wolfie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff