Thursday, April 14, 2011

I is for...

No comments:
 
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am

Commentary: I always group this song along with Hopeless. Except while I listen to Hopeless when I'm depressed, I listen to Iris whenever I feel empty. Mostly because of "When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am." And that always brings along the question: Who am I? To which I answer: I am me. And I don't have to be any more than that. Like the Dr. Seuss quote: "Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." So I'm not changing for anybody but myself. Which is why I am going to do whatever I can to keep out of my depressed moods. Because my friend has been there. Been there are back. So I'm going to try and avoid it altogether. For her, a little. But mostly for me. "You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't want to go home right now."




Illusion
Okay, this is just a (not so) little description. Illusion is Claire's dog. What kind of dog, you ask? She is an Australian Shepherd. Very pretty herding dog. She extremely loving and kind and loyal to the extreme. So if you even think about hurting Claire (or even Jordin, though they don't get along all that well), good luck. She can be fierce and protective. However, she is more than just your average Australian Shepherd. She is Claire's CI, or canine incarnate.

You see, Elpoep reincarnation is a tricky business. It's even trickier when you are murdered. And it doesn't help when you're still a baby when that happens. (All ten were murdered soon after they were born.) At that point, there is only so much you can do to get them to reincarnate completely.

So here's how the process works: You die. You have about 24 hours after you die to get to a RC (reincarnation center). There you're placed in a tank filled with a liquid native only to Tenalp. This liquid has really weird qualities that separate your essence from your physical body. However, when you're younger, your essence isn't completely whole yet. So, when placed in the tank, your essence splits into two or more beings. After that, you (your essence) are extracted from the tank into a room. In this room is a map and a portal. Unless your destination has been predetermined, you are randomly shot out into the universe. Your essence searches for the Exact Moment. Now, what is this moment? It's either the moment you are conceived, or the moment you are born. Once your essence finds that moment, it's shot into the physical body. Voila! Reincarnation Tenalp-style!

But back to the CI. When you're young, you have multiple essences. They usually stick together, sometimes resulting in twins or more. On rare occasions, they all land in the same physical body. More often than not, they get separated. If they get separated early on, they could end up on different ends of the universe. This is very dangerous and can cause problems later in life. (It'll take several reincarnations and a lot of luck to get them back together.) And if they get separated towards the end, they tend to be on the same planet.

The thing with ending up on the same planet is that they can't occupy the same species. So if one is a human, the other will be an animal of some sort. Usually it's a dog (CI), so it's fairly easy for them to be reunited. In Claire's case, Illusion is more than just the CI, it's the part of her that is aware of Tenalp and her powers. So Illusion is key to her understanding and knowledge of how to defeat the Redavni.

Now here is what makes this reincarnation different from the hundreds of others before. Up until now, the ten had been completely separate. Still all on Earth, sure. But there would never be more than two in any country during a Cycle. (A cycle is when all ten reincarnate in the same Period, which is twenty years.) This time, they're all in the United States (convenient, right?) and they're ages range from 14-18. And there was so much confusion in the RC (reincarnation continuum), that the ten got bumped around and they all split into two or three pieces each. So they all got at least one CI. Besides that, there were also two sets of twins (Jordin and Claire, Jack and Leila).

So they're much easy to find/track this time. (Find in Beatrice's case; Track in Andrea's case)
This combined with the fact that the Redavni are about to win the war for Tenalp...
Time is running out.
This is going to be one heck of a race.

-Wolfie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff