Saturday, April 9, 2011

H is for...

No comments:
 
Helena (So Long and Goodnight) by My Chemical Romance
Song:
Long ago
Just like the hearse, you die to get in again
We are so far from you

Burning on
Just like a match you strike to incinerate
The lives of everyone you know

And what's the worst you take
(Worst you take)
From every heart you break
(Heart you break)
And like a blade you stain
(Blade you stain)
Well, I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst that I could say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight

Came a time
When every star fall
Brought you to tears again
We are the very hurt you sold

And what's the worst you take
(Worst you take)
From every heart you break
(Heart you break)
And like the blade you stain
(Blade you stain)
Well, I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst that I could say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight

Well, if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long not goodnight

Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend?
To leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide

What's the worst that I could say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long not goodnight

Well, if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight

Commentary:
MCR would be considered alternative. Either rock, or punk. Sometimes it's called emo. Whatever. We're looking at the lyrics here, anyways. Now, the music video is a little bit freaky. The girl dies and it's her funeral. And then all of a sudden she comes back to life. Clearly, something happened and I missed it. I don't know. But based on the lyrics, it's a pretty vague song. You can assume someone died. There's not much else you can tell, though. "So long and goodnight" And he could be giving his reasons for not dying with her. "Things are better if I stay." And the only reason I think it's a girl that they're talking about is a combination of the music video and the title (Helena). But who knows? 0_o




Hopeless by Train
I hopelessly, helplessly, wonder why
Everything has changed 'round me
I'd tell it to your face but you lost your face along the way
And I'd say it on the phone if I thought you were alone
Why do things have to change?

You don't need my pictures on your wall
You say you need no one
And you don't need my secret midnight call
I guess you need no one

Is anybody waitin' at home for you?
'Cause it's time that will tell
If it's Heaven, if it's Hell or if it's
Anybody waitin' at home for you
'Cause it's time that will tell this tale

You're in and out, up and down
Wonder if you're lost or found
But I got my hands on you

Are you strong enough to tow the line?
Are you gonna make me yours or do I make you mine?
I'm in and out, I'm up and down
Wonder if I'm lost or found but I need your hands on me now

You don't need my pictures on your wall
You say you need no one
And you don't need my secret midnight call
I guess you need no one

Is anybody waitin' at home for you?
'Cause it's time that will tell
If it's Heaven if it's Hell or if it's
Anybody waitin' at home for you
'Cause it's time that will tell this tale

I hopelessly, helplessly, wonder why
Everything gotta change

Commentary: I love Train. Really I do. And it has a lot to do with this song. Nowadays, there are very few songs out there that really *speak* to you. You know? And this one totally does that for me. I guess it's a bit depressing, especially because it's a pretty slow song; not at all like Hey Soul Sister or even Drops of Jupiter (also great songs). But the lyrics are what really get me. Especially when I'm just a little bit depressed. Because then I think that I'm not the only one. And the chorus makes me relax a little bit. Because not everything has to be figured out *right at this second*. I can wait a little while, see how this is all supposed to turn out.




How to Save A Life by The Fray
Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God, he hears you
And pray to God, he hears you

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

How to save a life

How to save a life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life

Commentary: This song reminds me of a friend of mine. Every single time I hear it, I remember her. Before I go on, let me just say that we are still friends, just not as close anymore. For almost two whole years, it was me and her, together, against the world. We were like, close. REALLY close. We had so many insiders and great times and whatever. Maybe it was all in my head, though. I don't know. Maybe I thought we were closer than we really were. Who knows. But she found herself another best friend. We grew apart a bit. Then I found myself another best friend. Then a whole bunch of drama happened. We didn't talk much over the summer. School started. She grew even further apart. And I *missed* her. That whole so-close-and-yet-so-far stuff. Lately, we've been getting closer again. Which I think is awesome. But it's Spring Break and I haven't texted her in about five days. So I'm gonna get to that. And I almost forgot- So why does this song remind me of her? Besides the lyrics of course. See, in those times, we had totally similar musical tastes. We loved the Fray. *Loved*. And this was just *our* song. We even had, not so much a dance, but like these hand motions that went with it. And we would sing really loudly and "dance". Just us two.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do read every comment and I reply to all the ones that elicit some sort of response. So if you want, you can check back in a couple days to see if I replied.(:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff